Monday, April 26, 2010

Pan Fried Halibut

YAY!  Halibut season!  You have to try this recipe. I love this recipe. The lemon peel and the panko are the magic ingredients--along with some good quality halibut (which can often be found at Costco), of course. If I were collecting my favorite recipes, this would definitely be one of my top ten. I found this recipe on epicurious.com in 2008. See that fillet in front?  I just ate it. Don't you wish you were me?!
Pan-Fried Halibut

2 lbs. halibut (1 1/2 inches thick) fillets, not steaks
1 1/2 cups (3 1/2 oz.) panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
grated peel of one lemon (about 2 tsp.)
2 tsp. Kosher salt
pepper, to taste
1 T. finely chopped parsley
3 egg whites
1/4 cup buttermilk
3 T. olive oil

Cut fish into single serving pieces. Combine panko, lemon peel, salt, pepper and parsley in a shallow dipping bowl. In another shallow dipping bowl combine egg whites and buttermilk. Dip fish into egg white mixture and then into panko mixture. Heat olive oil in a large skillet. When oil is hot add panko covered fish. Cook fish until panko is golden and fish is opaque in center, 3-5 minutes (depending on thickness of fish) on each side. Remove to serving plate.

Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?